Food tastes better from the farm and at Keelham Farm Shop, we've been nurturing and celebrating great tasting food for over three generations.
We run our business by doing what 'feels right'; that's the Keelham way! We believe in making great tasting food affordable for everyone, offering exceptional taste with minimal waste.
We support over 400 local producers and farmers and make a difference to the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Supply Chain & Grocery Manager, the Deli Manager will play a key role in the day to day management and development of the deli department, both in the shop and online. The Deli Manager will work within the shop management team, helping to deliver the day to day operations while implementing development changes to drive sales and profitability of the business. This is a full-time role.
- Manage daily activities across the department to improve sales performance
- Responsible for ensuring team members carry out their duties efficiently and effectively
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and stock rotation activities to avoid wastage, damages, or spoilages
- Assist in preparation of inventory and sales budgets
- Efficient cost control and forecasting, to optimise ordering which will ensure availability is maximised and consistent, but wastage kept to a minimum
- Analyse profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet department goals
- Schedule and assign work for team members daily
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training team members
- Provide training on company policies and sales guidelines.
- Respond to queries and customer complaints promptly and with high levels of customer focus
- Assist with marketing and business promotion both internally and externally
- Create appropriate merchandising displays
- To ensure all staff maintains high standards of customer care and relations at all times
- To lead, maintain and manage a happy and productive staff team across the department
- Ensure all stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner using it to its full capabilities
- Complete all necessary stock takes
- Implement hygiene, legislation and health and safety policies
- Keep up to date with training and legislation
- To ensure the efficient rota management always within set budgets
- Undertake duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential
- Understanding of the Keelham brand and commercial proposition
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive the deli forward
- To be punctual, committed, self-motivated and professional
- Ability to lead, organise and motivate a team to get the best out of them
- Innovative thinker who works well on their own initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literate; Proficient on Excel and MS Office
- Flexible with working hours and days to cover 5 days out of 7
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: Monday 10th August 2020
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline, and we will be in touch.