Reporting to the Head of Ecommerce, the Delivery Driver works as part of the Food to Ewe team to ensure that orders are complete, packed correctly and safely delivered to the correct customer. Our main priority is to always provide exceptional service to all our customers.
- Full Time Hours (approx. 40 hours)
- Shifts will be Monday – Friday, with hours discussed at interview
- This is a temporary role, and will be reviewed in line with the lockdown regulations and business needs
- Due to our insurance agreement, we can only accept applications from those who are 25 years of age +
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure they are complete, the customer has received their correct order and is satisfied.
- Keeping an accurate record of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensuring all documentation is submitted to the fulfilment team.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints professionally from customers.
- Communicates with customers by phone to update them on the time of delivery if there have been changes to the estimated time of arrival.
- Follows the pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course.
- Maintains communication with shop fulfilment team, to inform of any change of delivery, route or schedule.
- Informs the shop fulfilment team of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Properly uses and maintains delivery equipment, including the handheld scanner.
- May have to lift heavy products or parcels.
- Drives safely and follows all laws and rules of driving.
- Keep accurate records of mileage, fuel purchase and other costs incurred whilst on duty.
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensures it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive.
- Be prepared to deliver up to 30 orders a day.
- Polite and prompt, with a commitment to providing customers with an excellent experience.
- Thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Excellent time management
- Hold a full clean driving licence, appropriate for the type of company vehicle.
- Previous delivery driving experience preferred, but full training will be given.
« Please note, due to our insurance agreement, you must be a minimum of 25 years old to apply for this role «
Please send your CV directly through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update - 6th November
Due to a large volume of applications, we have now closed this position and are no longer accepting applications.