Traditional gravy made properly always tastes so much nicer. You can make this gravy with whichever roast meat you happen to be preparing using the same method.
1. Remove the joint from the roasting dish and cover with foil to keep warm and rest.
2. Put the juices and the fat from the meat you are roasting into a glass jug and allow to stand for a few minutes until the fat rises to the surface. Skim off the fat.
3. Put the roasting tin that you used to cook the meat on the hob on a medium heat and add the liquid fat.Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the meat juices and gradually stir in the stock as you would for a white sauce until you get the correct consistency.
5. Check the seasoning and serve.
6. If you like a darker looking gravy you can add 2tsp of graving browning.