1. Prepare the asparagus by cleaning it thoroughly in water to remove any soil, then drain.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
3. Add the asparagus and cook for around 3 minutes or until the asparagus turns bright green, ensuring that the asparagus is coated in butter.
4. Use a fork to check that your asparagus is cooked is perfection. Your looking for the fork to have a little resistance, so that the asparagus has a little bit of crunch when eaten but not so much that it tough to eat and still partially raw.
5. For added flavouring you can add a dash of salt and pepper.