1. Peel and chop the carrots, onion and garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add the onion, carrots and garlic and saute for 5 minutes until they are beginning to soften but not brown.
4. Add the water and the stock pot and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
5. Stir in fresh coriander.
6. Blitz the mix in a blender and season to taste.
7. Reheat until it’s hot but not boiling and serve immediately.
8. Enjoy with warm crusty bread and garnish with a swirl of cream if you fancy something a little more indulgent.