2) Sautée the garlic and onions in half of the butter and all of the olive oil over a medium heat until soft.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the vodka. Put it back on the heat and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
4) Pour in the chopped tomatoes and mix until well combined.
5) Turn the heat to low and add the cream.
6) Let the mixture cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
7) Add the sea salt, pepper flakes, and cracked black pepper and cook for another minute.
8) Add the remaining butter and the penne pasta and stir until the pasta is well coated.
9) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.