2.25 kilo whole chicken,
50g salted butter,
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Remove chicken from wrapper and give a quick rinse under cold water.
- Pat chicken dry with clean dish towel and place in centre of roasting pan.
- Smear the butter all over the chicken with your hands.
- Season chicken all over with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
MAKING YOUR Roast chicken
- Place roasting pan in pre heated oven on centre rack at (190C)
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g plus about 10-15 minutes extra
- About 1hour 45 minutes to 2 hours for 2.25 kilo bird.
- Baste chicken about 4 times threw the cooking process to keep bird moist.
- Turn oven temp to 220C last 15 minutes of cooking time to get nice crispy skin
- When chicken is done remove from oven, loosely cover with foil and let sit 20-30 minutes