1. Cut your pumpkin into large wedges. Peel and deseed each wedge, cut the pumpkins flesh into 2.5cm cubes. Peel and chop the carrot and onion, put in a pan.
2. Add ginger garlic and red chilli to the pan and trip the leaves from the thyme and add in.
3. Pour in 400ml of water, bring to the boil and cook until the pumpkin is very soft, approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
4. Lower the heat and add in the coconut milk. Leave to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Turn off the heat and blend the soup. It’s now ready to enjoy.